“Next to the Alamo, the Texas Ranger is the best known element of the Texas legend -- and the Texan identity.” – Institute of Texan Cultures, San Antonio.
"For those interested in the gunfighter lore of Texas, there is no more rewarding place to visit than the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum in Waco. There are superb displays of famous Texas Rangers and notable Ranger events." - Bill O'Neal, Texas Gunslingers (Images of America), Charleston: Arcadia Publishing, 2014.
- #8 of 18 Top Western Museums of 2019 by True West Magazine - 2019
- #21 of "40 places every Texas Kid Must Visit Before Growing Up" by Houston Chronicle - 2019
- #2 of "5 Ways to Enjoy Your Next Trip to Waco" by Click2Houston.com - 2019
- Selected as one of three best "Places to See" in Waco by Three Best Rated (UK version of TripAdvisor) - 2018
- Received TripAdvisor Award of Excellence and in the top 3 of area attractions - 2018
- Ranked #1 of 4 top "Waco Favorite Places to Visit" by Chip and Joanna Gaines for People - 2017
- Ranked #10 of 50 "American Landmarks Every Patriot Should Visit" by Newsmax - 2015
- Featured when Waco ranked #3 of "Top 40 Travel Destinations" in Texas by readers of Texas Highways Magazine - 2013
- Selected as one of 10 best Halls of Fame by USA Today - 2008
- Ranked #1 of Western history museums in Texas by True West Magazine - 2003
- Selected as one of Texas Highways Magazine's 10 best museums in Texas - 2001