Awards and Recognition
“Next to the Alamo, the Texas Ranger is the best known element of the Texas legend -- and the Texan identity.”
– Institute of Texan Cultures, San Antonio.
" For those interested in the lore of Texas, there is no more rewarding place to visit than the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum in Waco. There are superb displays of famous Texas Rangers and notable Ranger events."
- Bill O'Neal, author of forty-two books and more than 300 articles and book reviews on the American West.
"Several Australian and African Police Officers recently came to Texas on vacation and made a special trip to the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum. They showed me their photos and you would think they had gone to Disneyland."
- Cody Mitchell, Texas Ranger, 2018.
- Received Travelers' Choice 2020 Award by TripAdvisor - 2020
- Selected as one of three best "Places to See" in Waco by Three Best Rated (UK version of TripAdvisor) - 2020
- Ranked #4 in its " The 20 Best Things to Do in Waco, TX, for First Timers" by Money Inc - 2020
- #8 of 18 Top Western Museums of 2019 by True West Magazine - 2019
- #21 of "40 places every Texas Kid Must Visit Before Growing Up" by Houston Chronicle - 2019
- #2 of "5 Ways to Enjoy Your Next Trip to Waco" by Click2Houston.com - 2019
- Selected as one of three best "Places to See" in Waco by Three Best Rated (UK version of TripAdvisor) - 2018
- Received TripAdvisor Award of Excellence and in the top 3 of area attractions - 2018
- Ranked #1 of 4 top "Waco Favorite Places to Visit" by Chip and Joanna Gaines for People - 2017
- Ranked #10 of 50 "American Landmarks Every Patriot Should Visit" by Newsmax - 2015
- Featured when Waco ranked #3 of "Top 40 Travel Destinations in Texas" by readers of Texas Highways Magazine - 2013
- Ranked in the top 3 museums in "H.O.T. Reader's Choice Awards" by local readers of the Waco Tribune-Herald - 2011
- Selected as one of 10 Best US Halls of Fame by USA Today - 2008
- Ranked #1 of Western history museums in Texas by True West Magazine - 2003
- Selected as one of Texas Highways Magazine's 10 best museums in Texas - 2001